Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

17 hours ago by Sophia_Pudding

Re: IT Geek

view post

A waiter ( Ristorante Gran Caffè Quadri)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

A waiter ( Ristorante Gran Caffè Quadri) posted by oliver tudoras November 27, 2009 10:23PM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

Ristorante Gran Caffè Quadri is one of the few restaurants in the world that can boast the enduring charm of being unchanged despite the passing of ages and fashions. So it is today that, as you sit in these rooms worthy of an aristocratic residence, looking out onto the Square, you still feel the atmosphere of those first cafés that changed the social habits of Europeans between the twilight of the Venetian Republic and the dawn of the modern age.The fashion of drinking coffee, a beverage obtained from a bean called Khavè by the Turks, had just started to catch on in the then cosmopolitan society of Venice. In fact, the first coffee shop had opened as early as 1683 under the Procuratie Nuove in St. Mark's Square. Contemporary accounts recorded that at Giorgio Quadri's time Venice had 208 bustling cafés, of which as many as 24 in St. Mark's Square.

Camera: Nikon D 100
Lens:Lensbaby - The Muse/SOFT FOCUS

thanks for looking

oliver

[olivertudorasphoto.jimdo.com]

"some people make the world special just by being in it "
Re: A waiter ( Ristorante Gran Caffè Quadri) posted by doro November 27, 2009 11:13PM reply | quote
posted by doro

:) wonderful...coffee tones, coffee smell, cream tones, cream taste :)

of course, a wonderful expression caught too!

doro

have a wonderful day!

[www.dorothee-rapp.de]
Re: A waiter ( Ristorante Gran Caffè Quadri) posted by juznobsrvr November 28, 2009 12:55AM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

amazing... it's like time stood still for this place... have a great weekend

rob castro

website = [www.justanobserver.com]

blog = [www.juzno.com]
Re: A waiter ( Ristorante Gran Caffè Quadri) posted by RichB November 28, 2009 01:39AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Ollie,

I enjoyed both the nice composition image and the history behind it. Thanks for sharing!

Rich
Re: A waiter ( Ristorante Gran Caffè Quadri) posted by kmac November 28, 2009 01:47AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

coffee tones, very good description... well done image - and thanks for the history.
Re: A waiter ( Ristorante Gran Caffè Quadri) posted by igorsv November 28, 2009 02:58AM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

Looks good Ollie! Timeless capture.

I was under impression the soft optic has an even focus across the frame. I see a slight distortion around the edges.
Re: A waiter ( Ristorante Gran Caffè Quadri) posted by ranfoto November 28, 2009 04:32AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Cafe history........I wonder if Starbucks will last as long as the Grand One ? That waiter looks unBending wonder how long he's been on the job.....Hee !
Re: A waiter ( Ristorante Gran Caffè Quadri) posted by Bob Layne November 28, 2009 11:26AM reply | quote
posted by Bob Layne
Great.
Re: A waiter ( Ristorante Gran Caffè Quadri) posted by MLedingham November 29, 2009 01:02AM reply | quote
posted by MLedingham

I had to look at this twice. The tones of the image and placement of the waiter turn it into something you want to see several times. Great job! ;)

Best from Norway's Arctic,
Mark Ledingham

See me at [www.markledingham.com] and [fineartamerica.com] too!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2009 01:03AM by MLedingham.
Re: A waiter ( Ristorante Gran Caffè Quadri) posted by MattW November 29, 2009 02:14AM reply | quote
posted by MattW

Beautiful tones Ollie. Makes me want to grab a ticket and get some coffee! Made all the more interesting by the history.

Matthew
Re: A waiter ( Ristorante Gran Caffè Quadri) posted by codrin November 29, 2009 03:26AM reply | quote
posted by codrin

Awesome work, Ollie, timeless is your photograph too! Love it!

Codrin
[1x.com]
Re: A waiter ( Ristorante Gran Caffè Quadri) posted by Halima67 November 29, 2009 08:52AM reply | quote
posted by Halima67

Great image! U a scholar on coffee?

[elenisworld.blogspot.com]
[www.flickr.com]

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today