Latest Post

35 minutes ago by chrysti

Re: #BlurOnPurpose Series

view post

Oh Baby

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Oh Baby posted by doug@blamit.com January 04, 2005 12:51AM reply | quote
posted by
I got my Lensbaby over the holidays. It's so cool, I'm finding it hard to use my other new lens. Just getting back into photography after a long hiatus. Shot with D70 at f4.

Also, thanks for the B/W conversion tips in another thread. The 60/40/0 works really well. But I really love what the LB does with color. Thanks for a really great product. Look forward to years of LB fun.

-d
Re: Oh Baby posted by Craig (Admin) January 05, 2005 04:02AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Doug,

Glad the 60/40/0 is a good recipe for you too.

I have an action that places a 0/100/0 layer over a 100/0/0 layer with the bottom layer at 60% so I can change the red/green balance by just changing the opacity of the bottom layer. Here is a link to a couple of versions of my base B&W conversion Photoshop action including exposure and contrast adjusting layers: [strongphoto.com]

The third image looks so much like it would look like to stand and stare out that window it is uncanny. Seems very real.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Oh Baby posted by doug@blamit.com January 05, 2005 09:43AM reply | quote
posted by
Craig,

Thanks for more info on the B/W conversions. I'll check them out very soon.

My favorite photo-pro turned me on to the Lensbabies. He used his LB on a shot of a dart board we used for a recent, cool postcard campaign. I kept asking for more focus fall-off, so he pulled his LB and we got the perfect shot.

Here's a new shot from my office using the LB wide open with the .45 converter. I used your 60/40/0 conversion, and it looks great.

-d
Re: Oh Baby posted by Craig (Admin) January 05, 2005 10:06AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Gotta see that postcard.

Can you send me one?

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Oh Baby posted by doug@blamit.com January 05, 2005 10:38AM reply | quote
posted by
Craig,

I'll drop them (actually there were two shots that we used) later this week. I think you'll like them.

-d

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today