Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

8 hours ago by moonske

Edge80 - Hasselt

view post

Speed Challenge #44 - Modern Architecture

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Speed Challenge #44 - Modern Architecture posted by DarkSlide September 22, 2009 05:32AM reply | quote
posted by DarkSlide

This weeks challenge is to shoot Modern Architecture. Any type of building, commercial or residential. While the shot does not have to show an entire building, it should not be a single element. (i.e. door knob, or lamp.). Color, black and white, or any reasonable manipulation.

Photo Submissions:

1. Camera - Any Camera (with LB attached)
2. Time - any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Post-Processing - do whatever you like and the judge will decide if it works.
4. Posting - * Photo Name in the message subject line.* Camera model & Lensbaby used.* Notes -- post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting - No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Have FUN!
8. Good luck to everyone.

One challenge every week, on the following schedule:

* New Topic - After winner is declared.
* Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Ends- 9:00 pm EDT (Easternl Daylight Time)
Monday, Sept 28th, 2009

* Winner will be announced shortly thereafter.
* Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed.
Re: Speed Challenge #44 - Modern Architecture posted by ScottM September 23, 2009 10:27AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

bump to the top
Re: Speed Challenge #44 - Modern Architecture posted by DarkSlide September 27, 2009 11:40AM reply | quote
posted by DarkSlide

I may have to pick myself as a winner?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2009 09:40AM by DarkSlide.
Re: Speed Challenge #44 - Modern Architecture posted by Mark Wade September 28, 2009 04:35AM reply | quote
posted by Mark Wade

3G - F4 Nikon D700 - 1/40 - + Filters
Part of a series...one of which was published (the LB work was not published) in a trade magazine (glass).
This structure is a project which involved the glazing contractor I work with.

UCSD Price Center San Diego, CA

Hate posting an old work...but, that's all I got...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2009 04:37AM by Mark Wade.
Re: Speed Challenge #44 - Modern Architecture posted by mjburden September 28, 2009 05:01AM reply | quote
posted by mjburden
control-freak f4 iso 200 nikon d50 taken last year in norway - a church
Re: Speed Challenge #44 - Modern Architecture posted by Keithnc September 28, 2009 07:47AM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Composer, double glass
F4.0, ISO 100, 1/160

converted to B&W
Re: Speed Challenge #44 - Modern Architecture - WINNER! posted by DarkSlide September 28, 2009 11:42PM reply | quote
posted by DarkSlide

Well, we had a low turnout, but that's OK, it makes it a little, and I emphasize "little" easier. I'd hate to try and pick from too many if they were all this good.
First off, all very interesting subjects. Mark's building is very cool, I love the look of the glass, and I guess I should, the building being one that was used in a trade magazine for the glass / glazing industry.
Keithnc's is right up my alley, very geometric, not only the subject, but the composition And of course, it being B&W gives it points in my book.
I must say, mjburden's image really grabbed me, right from the thumbnail. While the camera position is very static (the horizontal is horizontal, the good old 1/3rd rule is happening), the building itself, and the image manipulation really make this draw me in. I love the way the walls / roof appear like sails. The lighting and the post processing add to this. Congratulations on the win. I'd love to see more shots of this building, again the way the roof is layered is very interesting (see my crop). Some day I'd love to make it over to Norway and NW Europe.
Re: Speed Challenge #44 - Modern Architecture posted by Bender September 29, 2009 10:50AM reply | quote
posted by Bender

Nice job folks! That was a very cool image, congrats to mjburden.

Peter
Re: Speed Challenge #44 - Modern Architecture posted by mjburden September 30, 2009 07:20AM reply | quote
posted by mjburden
thanks everyone - new one posted

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today