Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

8 hours ago by Chelle

Re: Edge 80 - Transportation

view post

SPEED CHALLENGE #35 - The Countryside/Rural Living

Newer Topic | Older Topic

SPEED CHALLENGE #35 - The Countryside/Rural Living posted by agroupuk July 09, 2009 04:07AM reply | quote
posted by agroupuk

--The Countryside/Rural Living--

Ok. Had to change this from my original idea as it had been done before.

So, anything that says 'countryside' to you. Be it a landscape or an item that make syou think of sunny days in the hills. Anything that invokes a sense of rural living will do.

Go for it people! dazzle me with your art!

Good luck all. (p.s. you get an extra 24 hours as I may be out the night it should finish)

Edd

Photo Submissions:

1. Camera - Any Camera (with LB attached)
2. Time - any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Post-Processing - do whatever you like and the judge will decide if it works.
4. Posting - * Photo Name in the message subject line.* Camera model & Lensbaby used.* Notes -- post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting - No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Have FUN!
8. Good luck to everyone.

One challenge every week, on the following schedule:

* New Topic - After winner is declared.
* Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Ends- 3.30pm PDT/11.30pm GMT (Pacific Time) Friday, July 17th, 2009
* Winner will be announced shortly thereafter.
* Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2009 06:35AM by agroupuk.
Re: SPEED CHALLENGE #35 - Transportation posted by jbrunjes July 09, 2009 05:19AM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

Great subject. Just in case anyone hasn't see the list.
Here is the complete list of subjects so far:

[lensbaby.com]

Joby

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2009 11:26AM by jbrunjes.
Re: SPEED CHALLENGE #35 - Transportation posted by agroupuk July 09, 2009 06:30AM reply | quote
posted by agroupuk

Ouch :(

I went through the list and must have missed it...
Thanks for pointing it out.

Going to change the subject from 'Transportation' to 'The Countryside/Rural Living'

I will edit the above post to reflect the change.
Apologies to anyone who reads this AFTER the change is made.
Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,

Edd
Re: SPEED CHALLENGE #35 - The Countryside/Rural Living posted by Darrell Marquette July 09, 2009 01:28PM reply | quote
posted by Darrell Marquette

New State Motor Co.
Nikon D70, 3G.
Re: SPEED CHALLENGE #35 - The Countryside/Rural Living posted by ScottM July 09, 2009 02:14PM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

Where's the wind.
composer on a canon 40d
Scott
Re: SPEED CHALLENGE #35 - The Countryside/Rural Living posted by WilliamE July 10, 2009 10:28AM reply | quote
posted by WilliamE

Bodie Outhouse
Canon 5D, 3G, 1/1000th sec., f4.0, ISO 200.
red farmall posted by Va girl July 10, 2009 10:33PM reply | quote
posted by Va girl

Shot in mid-day sun
Canon 5D
LB 3G
F2
ISO 100
1/5000
Re: SPEED CHALLENGE #35 - The Countryside/Rural Living posted by RichB July 11, 2009 01:05PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

"Foggy Morning Near Bijeljina, Bosnia and Herzegovina"

Taken in late October 2008 with the Composer and Double Optic with 0.6x Wide Angle Lens. ISO 200, 1/160 sec.

Rich
Re: SPEED CHALLENGE #35 - The Countryside/Rural Living posted by Mark Wade July 12, 2009 07:22AM reply | quote
posted by Mark Wade

"Fletcher Island Bridge"
3G - F22 - .09 NDF - 2 Polarizers 1 Sec
Nikon D700 ISO 200-Shot in BW w/selective (in camera) red filter - kelvin 2500
Re: SPEED CHALLENGE #35 - The Countryside/Rural Living posted by ScottM July 15, 2009 11:37AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

some good entries so far. Just posting to get this back on the first page.
Scott
Re: SPEED CHALLENGE #35 - The Countryside/Rural Living posted by jbrunjes July 15, 2009 12:09PM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

" Santa's New Office "
Canon 1d mk 3
Lensbaby 3G + Telephoto lens
ISO 800
1/6400
Shot from a quickly moving RV at an undisclosed location in Nevada.
Re: SPEED CHALLENGE #35 - The Countryside/Rural Living posted by SKF July 15, 2009 07:43PM reply | quote
posted by SKF

'The hay before the storm'
HDR
Nikon D300 3G, ISO 320 Five exposures ranging 1/2000 to 1/8000
F stop - can't remember.

steve
Re: SPEED CHALLENGE #35 - The Countryside/Rural Living posted by Keithnc July 16, 2009 04:49AM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Mabry Mill

Nikon D200
Lb 3G
I think f2.8 aperture ring
Re: SPEED CHALLENGE #35 - The Countryside/Rural Living posted by kmac July 16, 2009 12:28PM reply | quote
posted by kmac

"Sunset"

composer/double
Re: SPEED CHALLENGE #35 - The Countryside/Rural Living posted by agroupuk July 18, 2009 05:59AM reply | quote
posted by agroupuk

Ok,

Apologies for taking longer than anticipated to judge this but I had a few things on that kept me away from the net.

Anyway here goes.....

Thanks for entering all - loads of good pics which made it really hard to choose.

In 3rd place:

'Where's the wind' by ScottM

I love the sepia on this and how the sky is so perfect. Nice composition. Was hard to make this 3rd and not first or second place. Nice pic indeed!.

In 2nd place:

'The hay before the storm' By SKF

This was gonna be numero uno but got pipped at the post. I love this pic - nicely framed and using HDR with a lensbaby is so rare! its subtle but beautiful. Nicely done.

In 1st place:

'Sunset' By Kmac

The colour (color to you Americans lol) of this shot is nicely muted - or is it black and white? its almost hard to tell. Either way its a great composition. It really says countryside to me. You almost dont notice the man sat on the horse in front of the buidling on the right. Really impressed with this pic. Well done!

So there you go - you are up next Kmac! Good luck :)

Edd
Re: SPEED CHALLENGE #35 - The Countryside/Rural Living posted by ScottM July 18, 2009 06:31AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

great posts everybody. Edd I'll take third anytime, thanks. Good job Skf and Kmac.
Scott
Re: SPEED CHALLENGE #35 - The Countryside/Rural Living posted by SKF July 18, 2009 07:40AM reply | quote
posted by SKF

Edd
Thanks for your kind words and the top subject choice.
Kmac, fantastic image little scenes all through it well done.
well done to everyone who entered and so made this a great comp.
Cheers

steve
Re: SPEED CHALLENGE #35 - The Countryside/Rural Living posted by Mark Wade July 18, 2009 02:16PM reply | quote
posted by Mark Wade

Nice work everyone and congrats kamc...nicely done!
Re: SPEED CHALLENGE #35 - The Countryside/Rural Living posted by jbrunjes July 18, 2009 09:06PM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

Congrats Kmac, SKF, and Scott!
Keithnc, I also really like your mill shot!
Joby
Re: SPEED CHALLENGE #35 - The Countryside/Rural Living posted by Bender July 19, 2009 07:41AM reply | quote
posted by Bender

Wow, some fantastic images folks. Well done all around.
Re: SPEED CHALLENGE #35 - The Countryside/Rural Living posted by kmac July 19, 2009 10:24AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

Thanks Edd - congrats to SKF and Scott, also and everyone else who participated - there were some really interesting images this time around. I will post another challenge by tomorrow.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today