Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

17 hours ago by Victoria Bell

Re: The Beach

view post

Which LB do I need? Composer or Control Freak?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Which LB do I need? Composer or Control Freak? posted by anthonymunoz July 08, 2009 10:55AM reply | quote
posted by anthonymunoz
I am going to purchase my Lensbaby tomorrow, but I'm not quite sure which one will be more suited to what I do. I do mainly product photography (site below), but I want to do portraits in the future. The Control Freak would be great for most everything I do, but I'm not sure if it would be well suited for portraits and working in a spontaneous way. I think the Composer would be a little more versatile since I would be using it for 2 specific types of photos.

My main question is this: Will I still be able to get the look I want with the Composer as I would with the Control Freak in still life/product photography?

Any advice for me on this?

Thanks,
Anthony
www.munozphoto.com
Re: Which LB do I need? Composer or Control Freak? posted by David Morel July 09, 2009 02:06AM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

Here are my thoughts. The composer is a nicer, more refined lens that allows for smoother and quicker compositions. Control Freak allows you to take the bends a bit farther, more distortion/effect. Also, the CF allows for you to stretch the LB outward and capture macro-like shots.

Since getting the Composer, my 3G/Control Freak sits on the shelf for now.

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today