Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

5 hours ago by RichB

Fisheye Star Trails

view post

Camera dies using Lensbaby with the Canon extension tube

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Camera dies using Lensbaby with the Canon extension tube posted by xpista December 27, 2004 07:50PM reply | quote
posted by
Hello,

I tried to use lensbaby with the canon extension tube and it made both of my cameras (elan 7n as well as 20D) die.

On elan it I can hear that mirror moves up and than camera hangs. 20D say Error 1.

Anyone experienced the same problem or have some workaround?

I saw some threads with the pictures taken using extension tubes. Was that canon extension tube or other manufacturer?

Thanks for any help,

~Stefan

Re: Camera dies using Lensbaby with the Canon extension tube posted by FretNoMore December 27, 2004 10:00PM reply | quote
posted by
See Craig's response in this thread:
[lensbabies.server101.com]
It's about teleconverters but I would guess it's the same problem

Post Edited (12-29-04 00:01)
Re: Camera dies using Lensbaby with the Canon extension tube posted by Craig (Admin) December 28, 2004 12:57AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Anders,

Thanks for your quick follow-up on this.

To quote my response from that thread:

"Your teleconverter needs to be backed off from the fully locked position by about 1/3 inch. I suggest a piece of tape to keep the whole assembly in this position. Canon cameras have a mechanical switch that, when tripped, tell the camera that there is a lens mounted and to look for electronics. Your Lensbaby does not trip this switch but your teleconveter does and since your Lensbaby has no electronics and the contacts on your teleconverter only pass through information from your Canon lenses, you must fool the camera into thinking there is no lens mounted by backing off your teleconverter a bit."

To get the most amount of Lensbaby effect at the long end a screw-in teleconverter that lives on the 37mm threads will allow for more blur around the sweet spot. A teleconverter between your lens and camera will crop the image down eliminating a portion of the blur and funky edge effects of your Lensbaby.

Hope this helps.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today