Latest Post

3 days ago by jffoto

Re: Tulipmania

view post

Rookery and the Beaches

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Rookery and the Beaches posted by jWebb June 03, 2009 07:21AM reply | quote
posted by jWebb

The first 4 pics are taken with the Composer, Doublet, f/4.0, and the original WA. They are from the beach area at various times of day and the cat is a stray that frequents the Ormond Beach Gardens. The last 2 pics are part of a sad story and taken with the double glass, f/2.0, no WA. The Alligator Farm in St. Augustine, FL, features a rookery for wading birds, primarily egrets and sand hill cranes. Every year there are several hundred pairs that nest there and are very accessible to photographers and others. This year as the nests were filled with eggs and new born chicks, torrential rains hit that lasted 5 days, leaving over 2 feet of rain behind. I stopped in today to see what the damage was and it was depressing. Very few chicks and eggs survived. Although some of the adults are mating again, the eggs will probably not hatch due to the rising air temps with summer coming on. Very sad!
Jack
Re: Rookery and the Beaches posted by igorsv June 03, 2009 07:31AM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

N6 is awesome image!
Igor
Re: Rookery and the Beaches posted by lemurhouse June 03, 2009 07:44AM reply | quote
posted by lemurhouse

Nice set. Really like the last two.

Andy
Re: Rookery and the Beaches posted by RichB June 03, 2009 07:47AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Jack,

I'm with Igor -- #6 is a great image. Thanks also for the story behind the last two images.

Rich
Re: Rookery and the Beaches posted by juznobsrvr June 03, 2009 09:31AM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

jack, thanks for that little blurp about the rookery. i also like #6, simple yet powerful.

rob castro

website = [www.justanobserver.com]

blog = [www.juzno.com]
Re: Rookery and the Beaches posted by SKF June 03, 2009 09:55AM reply | quote
posted by SKF

I gotta join the line, #6 is a simple image telling a sad story. The bird on the right does look a bit indignant, which adds greatly.
Cheers

steve
Re: Rookery and the Beaches posted by kmac June 03, 2009 10:06AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

interesting story - have to join the crowd - last image really stands out.
Re: Rookery and the Beaches posted by trexpixx June 03, 2009 12:08PM reply | quote
posted by trexpixx

Very nice, and i would have to agree with everyone #6 is special.
Re: Rookery and the Beaches posted by oliver tudoras June 03, 2009 05:44PM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

#6 is just great...

oliver

[olivertudorasphoto.jimdo.com]

"some people make the world special just by being in it "
Re: Rookery and the Beaches posted by jWebb June 03, 2009 08:21PM reply | quote
posted by jWebb

Thank you for all the great comments. I truly appreciate them.
Jack

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today