Latest Post

5 days ago by jffoto

Re: Tulipmania

view post

got it! but...

Newer Topic | Older Topic

got it! but... posted by russmorris December 26, 2004 09:50AM reply | quote
posted by russmorris

My wonderful wife gave me a lensbaby for Christmas. I took it out of the box and plastic bag, unscrewed the lens cap and, bummer - the cup that holds the lens, aperture ring and washer fell out of the housing. Looks like not enough glue was used to hold it in. Not sure if I could fix or not, so I sent a note to customerservice@lensbabies.com, and included two pix of the situation.

In the meantime, I used a few small pieces of double sided tape to (kinda') hold the cup in place and went for a walk in the fog around the block. Here's two pictures taken with a Pentax *ist D + hobbled Lensbaby.

Post Edited (12-27-04 11:52)
Re: got it! but... posted by Craig (Admin) December 26, 2004 01:33PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Russ,

So sorry your Lensbaby is hobbled.

Now, you should be able to reassemble as what you unscrewed from the front of your Lensbaby was not only the lens cap but also the retaining ring that holds the lens/aperture assembly in place.

So, unscrew your lens cap from the retaining ring, remove your double stick tape, put the cup back in place and screw the retaining ring down around the lip of the cup. You should be in business until we can get you a replacement for your Lensbaby. A dab of clear fingernail polish on the male threads of the retaining ring will hold it in place securely.

would love to see some examples once you have something you feel more at home with.

Have a beautiful day.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: got it! but... posted by russmorris December 26, 2004 02:50PM reply | quote
posted by russmorris

Thanks for your response, Craig!

Now I understand how the Lensbaby is assembled. The lens cap was screwed on so tight to the retaining ring, I couldn't loosen it by hand. I used a rubber mat, placed the LB cap and ring face down, wrapped a rubber band around the threads on the back of the ring and twisted the ring counter-clockwise and it came loose.

I'm guessing this isn't how LBs normally ship.
Re: got it! but... posted by Craig (Admin) December 27, 2004 01:22AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Russ,

You're right, that is not how Lensbabies normally ship. We'll get it taken care of with a replacement.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: got it! but... posted by russmorris December 27, 2004 03:16AM reply | quote
posted by russmorris

Thanks, Craig! I just ordered the Digital Optics .45X Conversion Lens, too.

Appreciate your concern and help,
Russ
Re: got it! but... posted by russmorris January 03, 2005 06:13AM reply | quote
posted by russmorris

Craig -

The new LB showed up a few minutes ago - it works perfectly. How do I go about getting the first one back to you?

Thanks,
Russ
Re: got it! but... posted by Craig (Admin) January 03, 2005 08:02AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Russ,

Send it with a note about your problem attention Kirsten Hunter

917 SW Oak Street, Suite 208
Portland, OR 97205

Glad your replacement is working nicely for you.

Now for more photos...

would love to see some with your new baby.

-Craig

Heraclitus of Ephesus

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today