Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

11 hours ago by PBlais

Re: #BlurOnPurpose Series

view post

See the USA in your Chevrolet - Who remembers that slogan?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

See the USA in your Chevrolet - Who remembers that slogan? posted by Darrell Marquette May 27, 2009 11:54PM reply | quote
posted by Darrell Marquette

Composer, f4, good ole Kodachrome. These are indeed troubled times for General (Government) Motors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2009 11:56PM by Darrell Marquette.
Re: See the USA in your Chevrolet - Who remembers that slogan? posted by RichB May 28, 2009 12:03AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Darrell,

Nice shot and timely!

Rich
Re: See the USA in your Chevrolet - Who remembers that slogan? posted by Ol' Don May 28, 2009 12:03AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

Kodachrome????

Yep. I remember the slogan well. Beautiful car and a nice shot.

I tried to put some Kodachrome in my D-80 but couldn't get the back open!

What did you shoot this with Darrell?

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: See the USA in your Chevrolet - Who remembers that slogan? posted by Darrell Marquette May 28, 2009 12:13AM reply | quote

Don, that's funny. I took this shot with a Nikon N2000. I like the big viewfinders and focusing screens on the old manual focus film cameras compared to the viewfinder on my D70. I just bought a Nikon N6000 (for $40) and have started using it with the Composer.
Re: See the USA in your Chevrolet - Who remembers that slogan? posted by Ol' Don May 28, 2009 05:38AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

Darrell,

How do you have success with metering on the manual focus film cameras? I have an old Nikkormat EL2 and an N90. Haven't been brave enough to try the Lensbaby with either because theres no way to chimp the exposure like on digital.

Any tips would be appreciated. I'd love to be able to reasonably shoot film with the Lensbaby. I think the look is fantastic. I like the old big viewfinders too!

Ol' Don

around the sun!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2009 07:58AM by Ol' Don.
Re: See the USA in your Chevrolet - Who remembers that slogan? posted by lemurhouse May 28, 2009 07:14AM reply | quote
posted by lemurhouse

Sweet image of a sweet car Darrell.

I'm looking forward to seeing your answer to Don's question too.

Cheers.
Re: See the USA in your Chevrolet - Who remembers that slogan? posted by Darrell Marquette May 28, 2009 09:54AM reply | quote

Don,

Your N90 should work fine with any of the Lensbabies when the camera is in aperture priority mode. The camera will automatically set the correct shutter speed to match the disk in the Lensbaby. True, you don't get to chimp so you have to trust the camera's metering system which seems to work well for me. The only other thing I do is underexpose slightly between 1/3 and 2/3 stop in very bright conditions. The shot of the Chevy was underexposed by 2/3. The Lensbabies might mount on your Nikkormat EL but I don't know if the camera will meter. I have the FTN model and it doesn't have any automatic modes so I have not tried using a Lensbaby on it. Hope this helps.

Darrell
Re: See the USA in your Chevrolet - Who remembers that slogan? posted by Ol' Don May 29, 2009 12:16AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

Thanks Darrell. I'm going to muster up my courage and shoot a few with my N90! Might be fun with some Portra or TriX.

Ol' Don

around the sun!
Re: See the USA in your Chevrolet - Who remembers that slogan? posted by Darrell Marquette May 30, 2009 12:36AM reply | quote

Don, glad I was able to help. I know you will enjoy that big viewfinder on the N90 with the Lensbaby. Looking forward to seeing some of your images. Portra should be a good film to try.

Darrell

“The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.” – Dorothea Lange

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today