Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

19 hours ago by ebby62

Re: Paris 2014

view post

Tele Converter vs Macro Kit

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Tele Converter vs Macro Kit posted by mardidwiarso May 20, 2009 11:31PM reply | quote
posted by mardidwiarso

Hi all,

I am new in Lensbabies, I might sound shallow but i do need your suggestion on this.

I'm planning to buy the wide and tele converter, my gf have the macro kit and 0.42x converter.. The moment i want to buy them, gf offered to trade her macro kit (because she wont be using it very often with her muse, while my composer may) with my tele converter..

Is it worth the trade? I mean, share what you think please. will i need the tele converter very much more than the macro kit, and vice versa? which one brings more variety in shooting objects?

any comment will be very much appreciated.. thanks guys..
Re: Tele Converter vs Macro Kit posted by BearWoodsDavid May 21, 2009 02:43AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

One of my favorite lens combinations is the +4 macro diopter and the 1.6x tele-converter used together to increase working distance and still give you the close up capabilities.
I can't really say what to do, don't want to get the gf mad at me...
Can't you guys share and both be happy?

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Tele Converter vs Macro Kit posted by juznobsrvr May 21, 2009 04:49AM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

Your gf probably wont be able to use the LB macro with her 0.42x wide. She'd have to hack them to make them work.

I love my macro kits that I have 2 sets for greater variety (e.g. stacking up two +4, or two +10). I'm with David. Maybe consider sharing. Or get both. I've used the macro and the tele with decent results.

rob castro

website = [www.justanobserver.com]

blog = [www.juzno.com]
Re: Tele Converter vs Macro Kit posted by mardidwiarso May 21, 2009 02:57PM reply | quote
posted by mardidwiarso

thanks david and juznobsrvr..

true, i was planning to stack the macro on the tele. another consideration is that tele converter is not sold separately (with the 0.6x wide).

yea i think sharing is the best solution for now. or i'll just selfishly buy another macro kit.. :)

about the hacking, would you be kind and provide me the link on how to do it?

thanks again...
Re: Tele Converter vs Macro Kit posted by juznobsrvr May 22, 2009 04:28AM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

I’m not aware of any links. As is, the LB macro filter, which has a 37mm thread, will not connect with the 0.42x super wide because the wide has a 5/16” protrusion past its 37mm thread. You would have to break the glass on your macro filter to get the two connected. One solution is to get a couple of old 37mm filters preferably with broken glass. These filters are typically about ¼” thick. If they still have the glass, remove them. Stack them together, and now you have an adapter that could go between the macro filter and the super wide. If you find breaking the filter glass too cruel, you could also experiment with step up and step down adapter rings. Or if you have a 52mm diopter, this would also fit in front of the super wide. YMMV. Hope this helps.
Re: Tele Converter vs Macro Kit posted by ranfoto May 22, 2009 04:39AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Just go buy a 37mm camcorder wide angle to use with your close up macros ......they can be very inexpensive if bought used .

It's not a good ides to be sharing your Bending tools, creates too much friction that you don't need !!!

Just a simple word to the wise from an old Bender...hee !
Re: Tele Converter vs Macro Kit posted by mardidwiarso May 23, 2009 12:39PM reply | quote
posted by mardidwiarso

@juznobsrvr: woow.. thank you..

@Ran D: tried a 37mm wide converter (a Kenko one if im not mistaken), it wont sharp. So i decided to buy the LB accessory kit (cheaper than wide/tele + macro kit) :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2009 12:34AM by mardidwiarso.
Re: Tele Converter vs Macro Kit posted by papitas May 23, 2009 12:47PM reply | quote
posted by papitas

Hey David,

This is the gf.. :) of course I won't be mad at you.. Frankly, yesterday I was also gonna buy the Wide/Tele converter.. then I froze off, thought of being bankrupt already.. So, decided I'll just see how it is with the bf's then if I fall in love with it, I'll order it immediately..

Theeeennnn..went home, ordered $200 of polaroid films :D

sooooo..definitely gonna do your advise, sharing... :) for now .....

thanks all :D
Re: Tele Converter vs Macro Kit posted by ranfoto May 26, 2009 11:31PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Life, love, snapping.......all very Bent.......and oh so broke !

Well if you're broke you better fix that.....hee :))

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today