Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

18 hours ago by RichB

Re: Blue Bells and Butter Cups

view post

Which Lensbaby model do you like best?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by Kath May 19, 2009 11:34PM reply | quote
posted by Kath

I am often asked which Lensbaby model I like best. After spending some serious time with the Muse in the last week, I have come to the conclusion that my favorite Lensbaby is whichever one I have in my hands at the time. I am really loving the Muse right now! Here are a couple of new fern shots, Muse, single glass element, macro kit.

Kathleen

www.kathleenclemonsphotography.com
[www.ppsop.com]

My blog: [kathleenclemons.blogspot.com]
Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by RichB May 19, 2009 11:37PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Kathleen,

Both shots are absolutely beautiful! Right now I am lovin' the Composer with the plastic optic.

Rich

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2009 01:53AM by RichB.
Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by jWebb May 20, 2009 12:08AM reply | quote
posted by jWebb

Kathleen
Well done! Both pics are excellent. I still enjoy the Original and the LB2, but the Composer is the one that is always with me.
Jack
Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by Crabcakes May 20, 2009 12:11AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

#2 is Klassic Kath! Gorgeous!!

Still loving my LBO--though a Muse with SwOptics is definitely in my future...

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by Keithnc May 20, 2009 01:18AM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Great set of shots and I really like the second
Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by trexpixx May 20, 2009 03:16AM reply | quote
posted by trexpixx

I agree, but I need the 3G for the IR shots. I haven't figured a way to do it with the composer.
Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by Ol' Don May 20, 2009 04:13AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

Well both shots are nice but the second one is a knockout!

I'm still using the original but am contemplating the muse with the double glass.

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by chichichar May 20, 2009 04:55AM reply | quote
posted by chichichar

Love 2nd shot. it's like the art painted on the plate.

I used to use LB0 & LB2 a lot until i received my Composer. The composer has stayed on my camera for few months now. If i wanna show off, then i'll bring my LB3G, it's the most eye catching lens i ever had :D

chichichar

" fake it till you make it "
Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by BearWoodsDavid May 20, 2009 05:14AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Lovely images Kath, soft and wonderful.

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by kmac May 20, 2009 10:23AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

The second image is especially wonderful. I bought a composer a few months back after just using the LBO - I still really love that lens.
Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by Kath May 20, 2009 09:27PM reply | quote
posted by Kath

Thanks, everyone. :)

Kathleen

[www.ppsop.com]

Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by CMH May 22, 2009 01:54AM reply | quote
posted by CMH

hey kathleen - wow, that second one is really stellar!
favorite lens... now that's tough. i think i really do like the older ones the best - the LBO and the 2.0. currently i've fallen in love w/my 2.0 all over again.
i'm curious about the muse -- how does it differ from the LBO and 2.0?
thanks!
cindi

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by jWebb May 22, 2009 06:30AM reply | quote
posted by jWebb

Cindi,
The Muse allows you to swap optics. You have a choice of using single, double, or plastic optics whereas with the LBO or LB2 you are limited to the installed glass.
Jack
Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by CMH May 22, 2009 07:31AM reply | quote
posted by CMH

thanks, jack. i didn't realize the muse has the optic system. i've got the composer and that optic system - are those optics interchangeable with the muse?

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by Kath May 22, 2009 09:27AM reply | quote
posted by Kath

Hi Cindi,

Thanks!

Yes, they share the same optic system. The Muse has a larger bellows and collar and I think it's a little easier to manipulate with the larger collar.

Kathleen

[www.ppsop.com]

Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by CMH May 22, 2009 10:49AM reply | quote
posted by CMH

o man. just when i thought i had every LB lens and accessory i needed... looks like i might need a muse... ;-) thanks for the advice jack and kathleen!

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by igorsv May 23, 2009 10:57PM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

Kath,

Very strong images, nicely composed. Perfect selection of the tool for this job.

Regards,
Igor
Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by Kath May 26, 2009 08:30PM reply | quote
posted by Kath

Thank you, Igor.

Kathleen

[www.ppsop.com]

Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by TG-J (Admin) May 27, 2009 01:00AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Lovely as always. I'm always envious of LB's I don't have. How bovine of me.
Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by Kath May 27, 2009 03:36AM reply | quote
posted by Kath

lol Thanks, Tony!

Kathleen

[www.ppsop.com]

Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by juznobsrvr May 27, 2009 05:41AM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

remarkably superb images, kathleen. i watched your tutorial and you really practice what you preach. as for LB model, it's the LBO & the composer. i jest ordered the muse w/ plastic optic so i can't wait to use it after seeing it used w/ great results in this forum.

rob castro

website = [www.justanobserver.com]

blog = [www.juzno.com]
Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by Kath May 27, 2009 10:56PM reply | quote
posted by Kath

Thanks, Rob, that's great to hear! I think you will love the plastic optic.

Kathleen

[www.ppsop.com]

Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by oliver tudoras May 28, 2009 04:17PM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

excellent work Kathleen

my real fav is still the LB original..less is more *twinkle* but I also love the muse and the composer.....(esp. single glass,plasic & pinehole/zone plate)

IMO both tools are great ....and I would miss both

cheers

oliver

[olivertudorasphoto.jimdo.com]

"some people make the world special just by being in it "
Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by Kath June 18, 2009 06:44AM reply | quote
posted by Kath

Thanks, Ollie. I am really loving the Muse with the plastic optic right now. Isn't it great to have these wonderful choices? :)

Kathleen

[www.ppsop.com]

Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by stevenz June 18, 2009 11:15AM reply | quote
posted by stevenz

both of these are very lovely images indeed! :-)

As for which LB - I personally use the LBO and more recently Composer with the Optic swaps if anybody is at all interested! ;-)
Cheers

[10222.portfolio.artlimited.net]
[www.allsoppimagery.com]
Re: Which Lensbaby model do you like best? posted by Kath June 24, 2009 10:15PM reply | quote
posted by Kath

Thanks for commenting, Steven.

Kathleen

[www.ppsop.com]

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today