Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

16 hours ago by ughridk

Re: #BlurOnPurpose Series

view post

Speed Challenge #29 - Adult (Human) Portrait

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Speed Challenge #29 - Adult (Human) Portrait posted by maryemccabe May 18, 2009 07:30PM reply | quote
posted by maryemccabe

Speed Challenge #29 - I'm narrowing the subject from #18, beautifully won by Soren's portrait of a child, to include only one human adult. I'd like to see personality, expression, mood and for the subject's friends and family to be able to easily recognize the subject. Personally, I need to hone my skill with the LB and people, so I don't have an example to show - I'm sure there will be many rockin' images posted for me to learn from.

Photo Submissions:

1. Camera - Any Camera (with LB attached)
2. Time - any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Post-Processing - do whatever you like and the judge will decide if it works.
4. Posting - * Photo Name in the message subject line.* Camera model & Lensbaby used.* Notes -- post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting - No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Have FUN!
8. Good luck to everyone.

One challenge every week, on the following schedule:

* New Topic - After winner is declared.
* Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Ends-9 pm CDT (Central Time) Monday, May 25th, 2009
* Winner will be announced shortly thereafter.
* Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed.
Re: Speed Challenge #29 - Adult (Human) Portrait posted by jbrunjes May 20, 2009 10:19PM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

"Mr. Bill"

Canon 1d Mk3
LB 3G
f/2.8
1/80
ISO 100
Re: Speed Challenge #29 - Adult (Human) Portrait posted by Halima67 May 23, 2009 04:33AM reply | quote
posted by Halima67

"Dominique et Jérome"
Nikon FM2
LBO + Wide Angle attachement
f/5.6
Trix film
400ASA

[elenisworld.blogspot.com]
[www.flickr.com]
Re: Speed Challenge #29 - Adult (Human) Portrait posted by juznobsrvr May 23, 2009 12:22PM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

"POLIKWAPTIWA [butterfly sitting on a flower]"
Canon 5d
LBC, double optic
Tamron 1.4x tele extender
f5.6
1/40
iso H
sDg
Re: Speed Challenge #29 - Adult (Human) Portrait posted by Mark Wade May 24, 2009 11:08AM reply | quote
posted by Mark Wade

"Liz"
D700 LB3G - Multiple filters - Standard Internal setting -
(2) off camera flash units
Re: Speed Challenge #29 - Adult (Human) Portrait posted by maryemccabe May 25, 2009 09:56AM reply | quote
posted by maryemccabe

About an hour left, all. I was really expecting more, what with Memorial Day celebrations and family get-togethers.
Mary
Re: Speed Challenge #29 - Adult (Human) Portrait posted by David Morel May 25, 2009 10:34AM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

Shot this tonight of my wife while we were sitting on the back deck enjoying the early evening. I used a texture that I created from a shot of the ashes and embers in the fire pit tonight. :-)

LB3G...

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com
Re: Speed Challenge #29 - Adult (Human) Portrait posted by maryemccabe May 25, 2009 11:13AM reply | quote
posted by maryemccabe

Alrighty then, Challenge is over. I'll post the winner in the morning.
Thanks to all for your entries.
Mary
Re: Speed Challenge #29 - Adult (Human) Portrait - WINNER posted by maryemccabe May 25, 2009 07:31PM reply | quote
posted by maryemccabe

I guess I really chose a challenging subject - and I know that for many, even asking an adult to pose is a nerve-wracking experience to begin with (I know it was for me, and still is at times), so I do appreciate all the entries that came in... (Helene, I couldn't include your image in the judging since it has two adults, and the challenge was for one adult.)

And, the winner is, juznobsrvr, with his entry, POLIKWAPTIWA. The portrait, with such an appropriate rock texture background, takes you straight into her world and heritage. Beautifully lit and composed.

Rob, Congratulations, and I look forward to your next Challenge.

Mary
Re: Speed Challenge #29 - Adult (Human) Portrait posted by SKF May 25, 2009 09:35PM reply | quote
posted by SKF

Congratulations to jusnobsrvr, I think it would have done well in the last challenge as well.
Look forward to your challenge.
Some great entries here
Cheers

steve
Re: Speed Challenge #29 - Adult (Human) Portrait posted by juznobsrvr May 26, 2009 01:26AM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

thanks mary, steve and everybody else... i'm honored. i hope i can match the preceeding standards for the next challenge

rob castro

website = [www.justanobserver.com]

blog = [www.juzno.com]
Re: Speed Challenge #29 - Adult (Human) Portrait posted by Mark Wade May 26, 2009 04:56AM reply | quote
posted by Mark Wade

job well done!
Re: Speed Challenge #29 - Adult (Human) Portrait posted by juznobsrvr May 26, 2009 05:31AM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

thanks, mark

rob castro

blog = [www.juzno.com]
Re: Speed Challenge #29 - Adult (Human) Portrait posted by kmac May 26, 2009 09:46AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

Rob - really well done portrait and presentation - congrats.
Re: Speed Challenge #29 - Adult (Human) Portrait posted by juznobsrvr May 27, 2009 02:18AM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

thanks, kim

rob castro

blog = [www.juzno.com]

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today