Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

4 hours ago by RichB

Fisheye Star Trails

view post

Speed Challenge #28 Any photo processed with a TEXTURE layer

1 2

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Re: Speed Challenge #28 Any photo processed with a TEXTURE layer posted by DarkSlide May 17, 2009 08:27AM reply | quote
posted by DarkSlide

Childhood
Canon 40D
Lensbaby 3G (wide open)
1/400
ISO 100
PS CS3
Nik Software - Silver Efex Pro
2 Grunge Layers
Took the original image into PS / Silver Efex Pro and converted (layer) into B&W. In PS, brought the opacity of the B&W layer back to about 95%. Next, selectively erased some of this layer further to expose more color. This is my "normal". Applied minimal sharpening.
Next, used two grunge layers, and applied them using Blend Mode "Color Burn". Adjusted opacity of these layers, and applied some localized erasing. Adjusted the opacity of the B&W layer further, and also adjusted the curves of both the this layer and the grunge layers. Also some additional burn / dodge. Applied minimal sharpening.
Re: Speed Challenge #28 Any photo processed with a TEXTURE layer posted by ScottM May 17, 2009 01:58PM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

I wish you fun on picking a winner Jimmy. Good job everybody.
Scott
Re: Speed Challenge #28 Any photo processed with a TEXTURE layer posted by jumpinjimmyjava May 17, 2009 09:01PM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

Hi everyone. Firstly,I want to thank everyone who took part in this challenge. Everyone who took the time and effort to try something new. Layering is addictive !
We are all winners in this little fun challenge and I had a very hard time picking 3 winners.
So here goes
FIRST PLACE goes to maryemccabe for her "cactus" shot. I loved the vague softness of the happy colours (or colors in the USA)and the subtle vintage texture.

SECOND PLACE goes to Scott for his photo "daisies" Very beautiful and soft with a perfect light aged texture.

Third Place goes to SKF for his interesting photo I titled "White Gate" The texture is subtle and vintage,yet not overwhelming.

I really enjoyed Keithnc "Train Wheels". So very interesting and unique.
Richard B's "Bloodroot" is so pretty.

jbrungles "Building with the unique woven texture is brilliant

I loved "apres la guerre" by lemurhouse

"Childhood" by Darkslide is so striking!

It was so hard to pick the winners,it just boiled down to personal taste.

Well congrats Mary,the ball is in your court now. Just GOOGLE photography themes or challenges if you are having a hard time thinking of a new challenge. Good luck

Thanks all - jimmy

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2009 09:22PM by jumpinjimmyjava.
Re: Speed Challenge #28 Any photo processed with a TEXTURE layer posted by DarkSlide May 17, 2009 11:54PM reply | quote
posted by DarkSlide

Great stuff everyone. Thanks for the kind words Jumpin'.
Re: Speed Challenge #28 Any photo processed with a TEXTURE layer posted by jbrunjes May 18, 2009 02:38AM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

Congrats winners! Thanks Jimmy!
Joby
Re: Speed Challenge #28 Any photo processed with a TEXTURE layer posted by lemurhouse May 18, 2009 02:59AM reply | quote
posted by lemurhouse

Congrats Mary (yours was also my favorite) and thanks Jimmy for a fun challenge.
Re: Speed Challenge #28 Any photo processed with a TEXTURE layer posted by kmac May 18, 2009 03:04AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

Some very interesting images in this challenge - fun to see all of the different textures used. Congrats Mary.
Re: Speed Challenge #28 Any photo processed with a TEXTURE layer posted by SKF May 18, 2009 06:27AM reply | quote
posted by SKF

Well done Mary, a deserved victory,
Jimmy, what a great field of entries and well summed up.
Cheers everyone.

steve
Re: Speed Challenge #28 Any photo processed with a TEXTURE layer posted by maryemccabe May 18, 2009 07:27AM reply | quote
posted by maryemccabe

Just got home from work - and I'm overwhelmed! This was a lot of fun and I loved the thought that everybody put into their entry - thanks so much, Jimmy for thinking of this theme and I'll do some heavy pondering tonight and post the next challenge tomorrow morning - I'm on Central Standard Time and will post the next challenge around 6am my time. If you're in the US many will get next Monday off from work, so that'll give you 3 good weekend days to take the perfect image!!

Mary
Re: Speed Challenge #28 Any photo processed with a TEXTURE layer posted by Mark Wade May 19, 2009 12:32AM reply | quote
posted by Mark Wade

Congrats Mary and well done everyone.
A great challenge!
Re: Speed Challenge #28 Any photo processed with a TEXTURE layer posted by jumpinjimmyjava May 19, 2009 05:24AM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

Congrats again Mary and everyone who entered, and thanks for all the kind comments. That was fun - jimmy

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
1 2

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today