Fisheye question

view post

More Spring Wildflowers

Newer Topic | Older Topic

More Spring Wildflowers posted by RichB April 18, 2009 07:43AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

#1, #2, #3 Composer w/Plastic Optic f/5.6
#4 and #5 Composer w/Double Glass Optic f/4

Any idea of the name of the white wild flower? It is about the size of one's thumb.

Thanks for viewing!

Rich

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2009 11:34AM by RichB.
Re: Spring Wildflowers posted by kmac April 20, 2009 08:55AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

missed these - love the effect with the plastic optic - think the second is my favorite of this series - not sure what the small white flower is - guess would be chickweed or claytonia (spring beauty) but not sure without seeing more.
Re: Spring Wildflowers posted by jumpinjimmyjava April 20, 2009 09:43AM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

WOW Rich these captures are super. My favorite though are the plastic captures. What a wonderful dreamy effect. Well done - jimmy

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
Re: Spring Wildflowers posted by RichB April 20, 2009 11:34AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Thanks kmac and Jimmy.

Kmac -- I looked up claytonia on the Web and the white flower is probably not claytonia, but I did find out a picture I took a year ago (last spring) was in fact Virginia Spring Beauty. Thanks kmac for your lead on this!

Rich
Re: More Spring Wildflowers posted by BearWoodsDavid April 20, 2009 12:42PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Very nice Rich. I think it is Bloodroot.

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: More Spring Wildflowers posted by RichB April 20, 2009 12:53PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

David, I looked up your suggestion, and I am quite confident you are correct. One of the Websites showed a drawing of the flower as well as pictures, and it had leaves that sort of curled around the stem, just as in the drawing I saw on the Web. Thanks for your expertise!

Rich
Re: More Spring Wildflowers posted by WoodSong April 20, 2009 12:58PM reply | quote
posted by WoodSong

very nice! I like the first one best, the angle and pof works very well for me- it resembles bloodroot (I see someone already mentioned that).
Re: More Spring Wildflowers posted by BearWoodsDavid April 20, 2009 09:40PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

It just happens to be one of my favorites in the spring. We had a bad year for Bloodroot here this year, late freezes and all. Always next year.

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: More Spring Wildflowers posted by BARONDLA April 20, 2009 09:41PM reply | quote
posted by BARONDLA

Love the first one. It has a very special quality. So delicate. Nailed a tricky exposure too.
thanks
barondla
Re: More Spring Wildflowers posted by Ol' Don April 20, 2009 10:53PM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

I am particularly fond of 1 and 4.

Number one for the dreamy quality and number 4 for the nice composition and the wonderful quality of the background. Mmm Mmm good!

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: More Spring Wildflowers posted by RichB April 21, 2009 05:57AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Thanks for your kind remarks Cindy, Barondla, and Don.

David -- I am always hoping every year that "next year" I will continue to find things in nature that I missed "this year".

Rich
Re: More Spring Wildflowers posted by stevenz April 21, 2009 08:00AM reply | quote
posted by stevenz

#1 really is quite beautiful and a very lovely set.
Steve
Re: More Spring Wildflowers posted by RichB April 21, 2009 10:01PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Thanks Steve for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Rich
Re: More Spring Wildflowers posted by igorsv April 24, 2009 12:42AM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

Tender subject, well captured.
Regards,
Igor
Re: More Spring Wildflowers posted by RichB April 28, 2009 12:37PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Thank you very much Igor.

Rich

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today