Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 hours ago by jffoto

Re: Roma - Forum Romanum

view post

LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #25 "SHOPS AND SHOPPING"

Newer Topic | Older Topic

LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #25 "SHOPS AND SHOPPING" posted by jbrunjes April 15, 2009 12:40PM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

Speed Challenge #25 - SHOPS AND SHOPPING

David Morel is the inspiration for this one. Shopping is something that pretty much all of us do on an every day basis. Some of us love it, some of us hate it, and of course we shop for different things. So, show me what you shop for, shop-owners, other people you see shopping. There should be plenty of scope there for you to get your teeth into... just don't get arrested!

Photo Submissions:

1. Camera - Any Camera (with LB attached)
2. Time - any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Post-Processing - do whatever you like and the judge will decide if it works.
4. Posting - * ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.* Photo Name in the message subject line.* Camera model & Lensbaby used.* Notes -- post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting - No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Have FUN!

One challenge every week, on the following schedule:

* New Topic - After winner is declared.
* Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Ends-11 pm EDT (Eastern Time) Wednesday, April 22nd, 2009
* Winner will be announced shortly thereafter.
* Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed.

Joby

"There are no problems with auto-focus if there is no auto-focus."

www.josephbrunjes.com
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #25 "SHOPS AND SHOPPING" posted by Crabcakes April 16, 2009 05:02PM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

"Industrial Food Supply Shopping"
OR
"So Many Ladles, So Little Thyme"

sony a700, iso800, LBO, f4, 1/30sec

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2009 05:14PM by Crabcakes.
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #25 "SHOPS AND SHOPPING" posted by Halima67 April 19, 2009 09:01AM reply | quote
posted by Halima67

Aladdin-where I get my coffee and chocolate.
LBO
film: TRIX (old 1986 film)
Nikon FM2

[elenisworld.blogspot.com]
[www.flickr.com]
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #25 "SHOPS AND SHOPPING" posted by kmac April 20, 2009 12:30PM reply | quote
posted by kmac

"An Exchange"

composer/double
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #25 "SHOPS AND SHOPPING" posted by peterb533 April 21, 2009 10:53PM reply | quote
posted by peterb533

"Potmen"...err...men made out of flower pots!

Canon 5D MK2
LB Original no disc ISO100 1/80sec
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #25 "SHOPS AND SHOPPING" posted by jbrunjes April 22, 2009 03:56AM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

Time is running out! Get your entries in.
Joby
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #25 "SHOPS AND SHOPPING" posted by David Morel April 22, 2009 12:21PM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

I am too late, by 21 minutes, but wanted to post this shot! :-)

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #25 "SHOPS AND SHOPPING" posted by jbrunjes April 22, 2009 12:27PM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

David, It's ok. I will include it in the judging. Results to be posted in the morning.
Joby
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #25 "SHOPS AND SHOPPING" posted by jbrunjes April 22, 2009 09:28PM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

Ok.. Here goes... as always I am humbled to actually judge a competition. I still consider myself to be a complete amateur. Since there are only a few entries and we all hope to improve as photographers, I wanted to give some feedback on each shot:

Crabby: I like the repetition and off center sweet spot. I like the legs we can see in a few of the ladles. Yours? Awesome title as well.

Halima: Kudos for shooting in direct sunlight. Very easy to overexpose with the lb. Sweet spot is right on. The large building on the right behind the cafe weakens this shot for me. Perhaps a closer shot from a lower angle have made this a stronger photo.

Kmac - The B&W tones are sweet. Love the action and timing in this shot and size of the sweet spot is perfect.

Peter - I like the colors and the repetition in this shot. The blue person on the right is a little distracting from your sweet spot. The focus is interesting because it appears that your lb was centered but you focused off center creating the "bubble blurring". I may be wrong. I have had that effect happen when I use my 3g.

David - This competition is right up your alley. What a cheesy photo. Like the composition and the sweet spot is right on. I like the way your crop still allows the blurring to frame the photo.

And the Winner is:
David Morel

2nd place tie:
Kmac & Crabby

Thanks to all! Looking forward to your challenge David.
Joby

Joby

"There are no problems with auto-focus if there is no auto-focus."

www.josephbrunjes.com
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #25 "SHOPS AND SHOPPING" posted by peterb533 April 23, 2009 12:21AM reply | quote
posted by peterb533

Well done David, King of shopping.
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #25 "SHOPS AND SHOPPING" posted by Halima67 April 23, 2009 07:34AM reply | quote
posted by Halima67

Congrats David! It's a great pic. All those cheeses! MMMMM
Thanks Joby-Joseph 4 ur input. Ur right. I will try a lower angle. I was a bit lazy! I guess third time is a charm! :-)

[elenisworld.blogspot.com]
[www.flickr.com]
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #25 "SHOPS AND SHOPPING" posted by kmac April 23, 2009 10:39AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

Congrats David - great food shot.
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #25 "SHOPS AND SHOPPING" posted by David Morel April 23, 2009 08:30PM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

Thank you all! And Joby, thank you! New topic posted!!!

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today