Lensbaby Studio Forums

Savannah photos

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Savannah photos posted by BearWoodsDavid March 22, 2009 11:50AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

I returned from my workshop in Savannah today. The weather was great, the conditions were perfect and everyone had a Lensbaby!!! All but one of these were done with a Nikon D-200, Composer, Double Glass, f8, and the .42x super wide. Thanks for looking.

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Savannah photos posted by RichB March 22, 2009 12:19PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

David,

Great to read that you had good weather conditions and that everyone had a Lensbaby! Looks like you may have been on a boat for shots 1 and 2 -- both are quite nice. Your three images of the pier are super. I just love the effect of the 0.42x on the pier -- can't pick a favorite -- I like each one just as much as the other.

Rich
Re: Savannah photos posted by jbrunjes March 22, 2009 09:45PM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

David.
Great shots!
Really like #1, 4 & 6. I have a pier like this near my home... I will have to go and try out the 0.42x now.
Joby
Re: Savannah photos posted by SKF March 22, 2009 09:49PM reply | quote
posted by SKF

David,

Fantastic series, I'm looking for a pier and a .42.

Won't pick a favourite - all good for me.

Cheers

steve
Re: Savannah photos posted by lemurhouse March 22, 2009 11:09PM reply | quote
posted by lemurhouse

Nice set David. I especially like #1.

I worked on shrimp boats one summer 35 years ago. I really like the way the lensbaby effect suggests memory... things remembered, things forgotten.
Re: Savannah photos posted by jad March 22, 2009 11:27PM reply | quote
posted by jad

Great images David. Glad you had a good workshop and the weather cooperated. I love #5 and #6. Take care.

enjoye!

joye

[www.artistwithcamera.com]
[artistwithcamera.blogspot.com]
Re: Savannah photos posted by BearWoodsDavid March 22, 2009 11:46PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks all for looking and the kind comments. I can't believe I actually got 8 hours of sleep finally! Here are a few more. It was fun photographing in Forsythe Park and getting questions from other photographers about the Lensbaby lenses. Of course I carry brochures in my camera bag! There are a lot of weddings on weekends there (probably 15 in the hour or so we were there), so I would walk over and ask to photograph couples. I can't believe how many agreed...

David Akoubian

Re: Savannah photos posted by Ol' Don March 22, 2009 11:57PM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

Really like numbers 1 and 4 of the originals. Must have been a fun time!

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: Savannah photos posted by crfrey71 March 23, 2009 12:35AM reply | quote
posted by crfrey71

#1 is my favorite of the bunch. For the pier shots, next time try using the plastic optic and even more wide open on the aperture.
Re: Savannah photos posted by Darrell Marquette March 23, 2009 02:26AM reply | quote
posted by Darrell Marquette

David, these are all very nice but my favorite is #1 of the Julie boat. I may have to consider buying the super wide lens.
Re: Savannah photos posted by igorsv March 23, 2009 08:13AM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

This set tells a story. Very well done.

Igor
Re: Savannah photos posted by RichB March 23, 2009 08:54AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

David,

I like the second set of images as well. The "darker" tunnel pier is quite cool. And I love what the 0.42x does when you have the Lensbaby titled alot like I expect you did in #2 in the second set. Great images--thanks for the continued tour of the Savannah area. Were all of these at Tybee Island?

Rich
Re: Savannah photos posted by BearWoodsDavid March 23, 2009 11:19AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks again all for looking and commenting. Rich, the shrimp boats are in a small town about an hour south of Savannah called Darien. At the end of this month they have the "Blessing of the Fleet" for the upcoming season. I may have to do the 5 hour drive for this one...
Darrell, you will love the .42x Super Wide. It is such a great addition to their line.
crfrey71-My concern with the plastic optic is facing directly into the sun as we were, we were getting too much flair, even at smaller f-stops.
Yes Don, it was a blast!

David Akoubian

Re: Savannah photos posted by desean March 23, 2009 12:03PM reply | quote
posted by desean

Love the pier shots the best. Great set, David!

lemurhouse:
"I really like the way the lensbaby effect suggests memory... things remembered, things forgotten." Right on! The lensbaby does a great job at bending both time and space, doesn't it?

desean • vancouver bc
Re: Savannah photos posted by bogray March 23, 2009 12:47PM reply | quote
posted by bogray

Great series! Love the Julie II and the flag/lighthouse shot.
Re: Savannah photos posted by kmac March 24, 2009 12:16PM reply | quote
posted by kmac

Fun series - love the first image - and the tunnel pier images.
Re: Savannah photos posted by BearWoodsDavid March 24, 2009 12:50PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Dennis, Bo and kmac for looking and the kind words.

David Akoubian

Re: Savannah photos posted by ScottM March 24, 2009 12:56PM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

David looks like you had a fun workshop. I too like the pier shots and the boats the best.
Scott
Re: Savannah photos posted by jumpinjimmyjava May 11, 2009 09:09AM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

WOW David, I really like your capture Julie 2. Makes me want to go down to the marina and get some pics. Hey, thanks again for all your very kind comments on my photography - jimmy

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
Re: Savannah photos posted by BearWoodsDavid May 11, 2009 09:53AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Jimmy. I think you photographs are incredible, I just call em like I see em.

David Akoubian

Re: Savannah photos posted by jWebb May 11, 2009 10:13AM reply | quote
posted by jWebb

David,
I somehow missed this set of pictures. I'm glad Jimmy pulled them up. Very good work! Savannah is such a great place for photographers, very diverse subjects and opportunities. I especially like the shrimp boats, but they are all keepers.
Jack
Re: Savannah photos posted by BearWoodsDavid May 11, 2009 08:23PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Jack, I keep looking for some more of your soft bots.

David Akoubian

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today