Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

3 hours ago by CatGargoyle

Leaf abstractions in B&W

view post

Still Using LensBaby 1.0

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Still Using LensBaby 1.0 posted by waltparada March 16, 2009 05:20AM reply | quote
posted by waltparada

I haven't bought any of the new line of Lensbabies since I'm very satisfied with the two earlier versions I'm proud to own: the 1.0 and 3G.

Here, I photographed a friend outside of his work using the Lensbaby 1.0. I think the shot turned out nice, along with the gorgeous natural lighting of the day.

However, the new Composer certainly looks like one I'd like to get next! :-)

WALTER
[www.walterparada.com]
Re: Still Using LensBaby 1.0 posted by RichB March 16, 2009 12:21PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Walt,

Nice to see your new post. Wish we could see more of your work here on the forum, and hear what you think of our work. You do exceptional portrait work.

Rich
Re: Still Using LensBaby 1.0 posted by Ol' Don March 16, 2009 11:36PM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

Walter, very nice shot.

What aperture did you use on your original baby? That's the one I'm still using and experimenting with the looks of different apertures. thanks for any info.

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: Still Using LensBaby 1.0 posted by waltparada March 27, 2009 02:44PM reply | quote
posted by waltparada

Ol' Don
Walter, very nice shot.

What aperture did you use on your original baby? That's the one I'm still using and experimenting with the looks of different apertures. thanks for any info.

Hi Don!

The aperture disk I used on my Original Lensbaby is f/5.6. If I'm gonna get any semblance of a person, I feel I should use this particular disk. If I had no disk or used the f/4 disk, I believe my subject in the foreground still would not have appeared recognizable. Had I dropped to an 8 or 11, the uniqueness of the blur wouldn't be around, in my opinion, but I have used those particular disks before though not as frequently.

Hope what I mention helps!

WALTER
[www.walterparada.com]
Re: Still Using LensBaby 1.0 posted by waltparada March 27, 2009 02:48PM reply | quote
posted by waltparada

RichB
Walt,

Nice to see your new post. Wish we could see more of your work here on the forum, and hear what you think of our work. You do exceptional portrait work.

Rich

Hi Rich!

Thanks so much for your comments! :-)

I know I haven't shared much work as before though I have been meaning to! I LOVE working with my Lensbabies, and when they get sprung on clients and models, this centerpiece certainly becomes the topic of conversation and subsequent admiration upon seeing the results.

I do plan, nonetheless, to get on here more often because I feel so inspired by seeing other folks' Lensbaby photographs and how unique they work their respective Lensbabies.

Thanks again for your kind words about my portraiture work! :-)

WALTER
[www.walterparada.com]
Re: Still Using LensBaby 1.0 posted by TimB March 29, 2009 07:00AM reply | quote
posted by TimB
I love my LBO. I looked at the other lines of lensbabys and they were just too sharp. LBO is where its at.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today